View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #40
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Again, great tutorial! I just checked it and got it running!

Some remarks:
1)
To create the symbolik link to monitor.patched.app I used at first absolute paths (/media/sdb8/monitor.patched.app), which resulted in bootloop [I know this was a stupid mistake]. Later I used this command:
cd /media/sdb8
ln -s monitor.patched.app pocketbook
and everything worked well, even the resizing.

2)
Extracting the monitor.app can be done via mounting and copying it to the fat32 partition:
mkdir /tmp/image
mount -t cramfs -o loop /media/sdb8/cramfs.img /tmp/image
cp /tmp/image/bin/monitor.app /media/sdb1/
umount /tmp/image

3)
I found dd for copying the content of the SD really slow, doing this under Windows with USB Image Tool from Alexander Beug was much quicker.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 07-15-2018 at 10:51 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote