View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #36
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4mmon View Post
One can patch monitor.app to read SD serial from an arbitrary file instead of data from block device.
I have no idea if the protection scheme is complicated or not, I simply patched monitor.app to use an arbitrary file instead of "/sys/block/mmcblk%c/device/serial" (modified the string with an hex editor, put the file accordingly, and in ebrmain filesystem, updated the "pocketbook" link to monitor.app to use the patched version).
Worked on my TL2/626, guess it will work on TL3/626 and certainly other systems.
Finally, thanks for the notification and the simple solution:
Can you please be more specific with an exact example. I suspected the monitor.app to be responsible but did not find the string you quoted.
Your steps
0) Create an image of the old card and burn it on the new card.
1) Changed in monitor.app the string:
"/sys/block/mmcblk%c/device/serial"
to
"please quote it exactly"
and
2) created a textfile (which formating) with only the CID of the new card and put it where exactly?
3) Last you symlinked the patched app from where to where.
4) Replace the old card with the new one.
Last Question:
From my tests the size of the image can't be changed. Same for you?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote