View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 02:54 AM   #41
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
For anyone following this thread, here's the correct path format for a Mac:

Code:
unzip -t /users/sigilbear/Documents/epubs/Symbols/Geobop3.0.epub
And this is the message I got:

Code:
No errors detected in compressed data of /users/sigilbear/Documents/epubs/Symbols/Geobop3.0.epub.
BTW, in macOS you can drag & drop files from a Finder window into the Terminal window. I.e., you'd enter:

Code:
unzip -t
and then drag and drop the epub file from the Finder window into the Terminal window. (macOS will automatically add the path and escape it, if necessary).

You also might want to try the following command:

Code:
unzip -l -v /users/sigilbear/Documents/epubs/Symbols/Geobop3.0.epub
This will list all files in your epub. To check whether your epub contains a container.xml file, you can use the following command:

Code:
unzip -l -v /users/sigilbear/Documents/epubs/Symbols/Geobop3.0.epub | grep container.xml
The output of this command should look like this:

Code:
NNN Defl:X NNN 31% YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM 9aa7f027 META-INF/container.xml
(The text marked in Magenta will vary for each file.)

If you don't get any output for this command, the epub is missing container.xml.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
I'm going to spend some more time learning about Calibre. If I remember correctly, it allows you to put images in subfolders, which is something Sigil can't do (I think).
You should definitely give Calibre Editor a try. Kovid did a great job duplicating all major Sigil features and even added some beginner-friendly features that Sigil lacks. I personally prefer Sigil, but this is just a personal preference, because when it comes down to the core features, there really isn't anything missing in Calibre Editor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote