View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #32
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What I meant was; I don't understand anyone walking away from their computer (for lunch, or for bed) with a document left open in an editing program--saved or unsaved. When I'm not working on the document, I close it.
You wouldn't even walk away from your computer with a SAVED document open? Wow.

It would be interesting to know what the standard practice is. If I was still using Microshaft I probably wouldn't touch my computer without a security guard. But I've had very few problems since upgrading to a Mac.

And closing saved files doesn't work for everyone. Like I said, I do a lot of multi-tasking. If I close a dozen saved Photoshop files, there is a handy "Open Recent" feature that allows me to quickly reopen SOME files. But there are limits.

If I had a panic attack every time it was time for lunch and closed all my files - even saved files - then how long would it take to reopen them, find the exact place where I was working on each file, etc., etc.? If I'm copying stuff between a spreadsheet, Photoshop, a database, a text editor and Sigil, it becomes more trouble than it's worth.

Between my Mac and all my other software programs, I know I'm going to have an occasional problem. But if the only way to deal with those rare problems is to close and reopen all my files every time I eat lunch, go to the restroom or check the mail, then I'm not going to get much work done. For me, that would be insanity.

In the meantime, many, if not most, of the software programs I use have some really good features for recovering lost work.
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote