View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
I bought my first computer about thirty years ago. I've been using a Mac for over a decade now. I don't shut down and restart my laptop every time I go to lunch or sleep. I don't know how other people do it or what's recommended, but I'm a hard core multi-tasker.
I never mentioned shutting your computer down let alone restarting it when going to lunch, or to sleep. I didn't think I was being unclear. What I meant was; I don't understand anyone walking away from their computer (for lunch, or for bed) with a document left open in an editing program--saved or unsaved. When I'm not working on the document, I close it. Multi-tasking is fine. But unless you're telling me you work for 48 hour stints, then multitasking (hard core or otherwise) has nothing to do with leaving programs running with valuable documents open when you're not at your computer.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-26-2017 at 09:57 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote