View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #25
bigjantailor
Defender of Consciousness
bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bigjantailor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For a long time I thought I new what Hermen Hesses Steppenwolf was about, that human need humor even it only be gallows humor. But I came to a new realization today. At the end of the book when Bach or who ever is laughing at his distorted music over the radio the ture difference between the Steppenwolf and the great artist is shown. The Steppenwolf sees the flaws in the radio transmited music. The great artist has the ablity to transend the pops and crackles making the music imperfect but sees the glore of it transmited and the humilty to laugh at the distortion. The great artist love art.

The art I create is created for me. I have no contorl over who love or hates it. I will love it warts and all - that was Frankistien's problem he never loved his creation.

I've alway been a believer that things done for no reason are only things that a turly good -untainted by reason.

Today I'm so happy to reallize art is better off made for the artist and not for the critic.

Today I realized having shame for my art's flaws is to fined shame in myself.

Have fun, Jan

Last edited by bigjantailor; 08-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
bigjantailor is offline   Reply With Quote