View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreiuta View Post
I tend to believe that this is a better marketing strategy than to offer the whole book for free for a short period of time. Too many times I have seen horrible reviews written merely minutes after a book was discounted, and sometimes even during the pre-order period. I truly believe some people are more inclined to give better reviews to books they paid for.

By giving away a novel in pieces, then selling it at the regular price, publishers may try to discourage these kind of people, while still offering a bargain to those who are patient enough to gather each "episode".

(But then, I may be wrong... )
Although I understand your reasoning, I find this idea very frustrating. I do not want to have to remember to come back in order to get another piece of the book, nor do I want to be left waiting in order to finish said book.

I wish the author the best of luck, however.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote