View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Interesting. Sort of a serial novel idea. I remember reading how many of the old classics like Charles Dickens books were serialized in much the same way. The only difference being that they used newspapers to do it rather than epubs and Mobi's. Everything old eventually becomes new again I guess.
I tend to believe that this is a better marketing strategy than to offer the whole book for free for a short period of time. Too many times I have seen horrible reviews written merely minutes after a book was discounted, and sometimes even during the pre-order period. I truly believe some people are more inclined to give better reviews to books they paid for.

By giving away a novel in pieces, then selling it at the regular price, publishers may try to discourage these kind of people, while still offering a bargain to those who are patient enough to gather each "episode".

(But then, I may be wrong... )

Last edited by Andreiuta; 04-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote