View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
It's strange that there would be this kind of discrepancy in firmware. I received my K3 two weeks before you and apparently it came with a different firmware version under the same name (3.0.2).

I have no idea why. For what it's worth, I'm in Canada - ordered my Kindle on Dec. 29 ("after Christmas") and it was shipped on Jan. 13, arriving on Jan. 17 (all Canadian/international orders seem to be looking at a wait of 2-3 weeks at the moment). So it probably left the warehouse well after yours did.

The Wi-Fi model is supposed to be the same in both the U.S. and Canada, BUT... the pool of available Kindle 3 Wi-Fi models (or at least, those set aside for Canada) may be different, since orders from here always involves a wait of 2-3 weeks instead of 2-3 days. I honestly don't know if that's significant or not, but I did notice that a lot of the people in the thread I referenced seem to be outside the U.S. - either in Canada or Europe.

Anyway, I have no complaints with the functionality of my Kindle so far, so I'll probably just wait for 3.0.4 to come along. My post was mainly to save the OP some frustration in the event s/he received that particular model and firmware version and experiences the same difficulties other people did.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote