View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #202
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Can you try all that while you're lying down? I like to read in bed and I have never been able to get this working right. It works find if I'm sitting up, though. It's like my g-sensor turns off or something. I've pretty much given up on ever trying to use it again.

The rest of the app is excellent.
Unlike the previous poster I did manage to make it work while lying on bed.
You are lying on your bed, on one side, with book in the Portrait mode and you have proped the reader on bed, so the display is in vertical position, with the longest edge of the reader parallel to the bed ;-). When you need to turn the page you tilt the reader so it is rotating around the ax that is perpendicular to the screen, so the reader ends up with screen still in vertical position, but the short edge of the screen is parallel to the bed.

Code:

Original position of the reader
-----------------
|                |
|                |
|                |
|                |
-----------------
                 ^ 
                 rotate reader around this point with the display still facing you.

pageturning position
-----------
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
-----------
You might want to set the angle to 70° for this to work comfortably.

Sorry ... I am an engineer ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote