View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #74
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon65 View Post
I'm running firmware 2.1.5 (r43939). I have come to the realization that it was problems with seating of the sd card that caused the issues with reading the newly loaded books. I have edited the ebooks to replace the apostrophes and after reseating the card all is good.

So, I was wrong. Sorry. Nevermind.
No problems! (always wanted to type that... VBG). Though you had me wondering if the original bug had managed to re-surface.

From what I've seen and read, quite a few people have found that the Kobo readers are a bit fussy about the SD cards and the newer ones using the micro-SD cards are even fussier. After "upgrading" to 2.2.1, I found that when using the uSD card in my Glo, I have to remember that when I take the Glo out of sleep mode, I need to switch to the home screen and then back to the book that I am reading. That's the easiest way I've found of avoiding the crash and freeze when going page forward or backward after coming out of sleep mode.

Hopefully by the time that 2.2.x is in general release, that bug will have been fixed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote