View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
K4NT: Special USB Cable?

Does the Kindle 4 use a special USB cable at all?

I tried connecting it to two separate PC's recently with other generic Micro USB cables and it sent the Kindle into a loop of displaying the 'Connected to USB/Charging' screen and turning back on again. This was accompanied by the usual noises that Windows puts out to signify a USB device has been connected, then removed, then connected, then removed and so on ad infinitum.

I then used the USB cable that was supplied and it worked perfectly fine.

The cables attempted to use work for other devices with a Micro-USB port and the other end was plugging into a port directly on my PC, i.e. no USB hub.

Any ideas?

Rob
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote