View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 03:41 AM   #15
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Yeah, I was surprised to find out there's different update tracks for the vendor and the retailer. Does Booxtor install their own build of Android on Kepler (with different signatures I'd assume) which can only be updated with Booxtor's updates and the regular caught in the wild Keplers can't?
The simplified "updates" sequence (the distribution of the 'update.zip' files) works on single, specific branches of the firmware,
but you can switch firmware branch by re-flashing the device (and you of course have to match correct firmware and device - the firmware is re-compiled for each different device).
Check the page at Booxtor's shop site: you see that you have both the "update files" and the "MFG bundles".

Of course, especially for reverting, to flash different firmware branches you must have the images. The only ones I know are Booxtor's but there could be more.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote