View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #26
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreutzer View Post
If other licenses or “all rights reserved” are accepted as well, the copyright notices in the upload posts should reflect it, because then it would be very likely that any given book contains material which is restrictively licensed, so the reader needs to be aware to handle them with great care.
Notices in the posts are welcome, but readers should always look for notices or license terms in the book itself, especially if they plan to distribute it.

Quote:
if there's a particular CC license required or just “any” (not all of them are libre licenses)
I believe this part of the Guidelines should be read as "the book should be released under some license that allows your posting it here (such as some CC licenses) or otherwise be posted with the copyright holder's permission"

Quote:
and if this is stated somewhere on the site, so uploaders were able to know about it prior to today.
As far as I can remember, this part of the Guidelines was changed when we made the move to life+70, and even now it's not very prominent, so I don't think uploaders could know about it before. I would assume most uploaders would just assume something like my interpretation above.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote