View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreutzer View Post
But how would this not conflict with the posting guidelines? Just like the Wikipedia: if submitting anything, one accepts that the submitted content will be under CC BY-SA, or he is not allowed to upload it at all. Is mobileread any different?

And I really appreciate that! I think it would be catastrophic if you didn't, but now there's at least the chance to do interesting things with what you've accomplished so far.
Yes, the guidelines do cover translations, illustrations, and even prefixes that might have a different author. I mentioned it to indicate that we are aware and do check for all of these things. Sometimes the uploader can remove the illustrations or find an edition without illustrations to conform to the guidelines.

Alex, the site owner, is very concerned about his liability so it is very important to stay within the guidelines for uploads and downloaders need to be responsible for the laws in their country.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote