View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #42
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrunazo View Post
Which of the clients have better text to speech?

I have been using WordPlayer, which is great and has a nice functional text to speech. But the huge downside is that it's text to speech can only play a full chapter at a time. And you cannot stop nor rewind the speech while it's reading. Each chapter of the book I'm reading takes about 40 minutes to read. What if I need a break during that time? What if I want to start reading from the middle of the chapter? That's really bad.

Is there any ebook reader with speech that offers better control over the speaking. Maybe with a read by page or pause/back/forward controls?
It's really hard to say, and even harder to get an ebook reader with all the features you'd expect in one package. Have you tried out "multireader"? It claims to be a TTS ebook reader, but I haven't tried it out.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote