View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #53
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Going back a few posts, if they lower the price of the Aura 2 and it starts eating into Amazon Kindle sales, I can see Amazon not wanting Kobo to get a larger foothold in the (U.S.) ereader market.
The Aura 2 is a poor competitor to the Paperwhite. Amazon price-matching to a cheaper Aura 2 would be like Honda price-matching the Accord to the Toyota Tercel. They're in different classes.

In my mind, the Aura 2 most closely matches the basic Kindle, the Clara matches the Paperwhite and the H2O and One match the Voyage and the Oasis.

Who knows, maybe Kobo won't drop the price of the Aura 2. But if they expect to keep selling it for $10 less than the Clara, well, good luck with that. I hope they have lots of warehouse space.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote