View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #72
kakapo
The Night Parrot
kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Palm Vx, Kindle Keyboard (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
From your reading here, you realize there is a chance it will brick.
I bought the Paperwhite 3 specifically for KindleLazy, so if I brick it, I'll be trying the serial port unbricking.

Quote:
We do not know any pattern to which ones will and which ones will not.
So we need to collect (in public) information from the people using this procedure:

Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet?
Is it a "refurbished" device?
New device, never connected to the Internet.
Quote:
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version?
It had 5.8.9.0.1 on it when it arrived.
Quote:
Is it registered?
Does it have ads (Special Offers)?
Does it have a pass-code protection or parental controls enabled?
No for all 3
Quote:
What country was it sold in?
What country was it delivered to?
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar).
I purchased it in New Zealand from Noel Leeming (brick & mortar store, though I did purchase it from their online store). The seal sticker on the box lists the importers for Mexico and Brasil, so the store may have imported it from South America rather than Amazon USA.
kakapo is offline   Reply With Quote