View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What about you can fix the latest Kindle for PC to download KF8 instead of KFX did you not get?
I'm sure notimp understands this just fine. I think the point he is making is that Amazon could 'fix' this loophole overnight if/when they choose to. All they have to do is release a new version of Kindle4PC which incorporates the (currently) separate KFX renderer .exe into the main Kindle.exe and the renaming loophole is closed. Similarly, they could also make old versions of Kindle4PC obsolete just as quickly. They've done it before.

I agree with him about KFX, IMO it's an abomination for ebook collectors who want permanent freedom to sideload to their app/device of choice. There, I just put my head above the parapet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What about you can download K8 (with a web browser) if you have an eInk Kindle did you not get?
No use if you don't own an ancient Kindle. Even then, those old batteries won't last forever.

The whole thing looks like Boiling Frog Syndrome to me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote