Thread: Regex engine?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Just a reminder that when we say "regex" there are many variants of "regular expressions" that we may be talking about. I, myself, like to think of Perl Regex, even though "that way lies madness." But at least there are definitions. If you can follow them. See, e.g. http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html

It all depends on what you (or your regex variant) means by "string." In PERL it usually means a "line" i.e. whatever is between two lineend characters, but that need not be the case.

Sigil uses "almost" the Perl version of regex, via QT. I'm not sure how close that is to my understanding of ""regex."

Is your brain melting yet?

Last edited by st_albert; 07-08-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: clarification
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote