View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I actually think a lot hinges on Amazon bringing lots of content for the Kindle. If they can supply bestsellers and longtail in sufficient numbers right from the start and with attractive prices, then they have a winner on their hands. If they fail on one of those fronts, then I guess even the prettiest design won't save the Kindle.
I actually hope they are going to go with mobipocket format because I have grown attached to it. It actually made me turn back to the Iliad since it's just so comfortable to throw a HTML or TXT or whatever file at the mobipocket reader and have it transformed in no time at all into something that I can then read on my Iliad...and it looks fine too with all the important bits kept intact.

Something I wonder about for the Kindle...will they make it a proper book and give it near-endless battery life or will they make an "eink tablet PC" or something like that out of it? The WiFi and stuff make me fear the latter...let's hope I'm wrong...I'm still annoyed that the wonderful potential of the Iliad is damaged so much by the meagre battery life and the long booting times...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote