View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #966
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Are you only using BMI or are you tracking body fat percentage too? I only ask because I've heard that highly trained athletes can show as obese in BMI.
Yes, muscle is dense and if you're heavily muscled you will have a high BMI. But I'm not a highly trained athlete.

BMI is only a very rough guide, of course, and shouldn't be used as the only measure. One could have a BMI in the 'good' range of 20-25 and be malnourished from a variety of reasons.

But I think I'm doing things OK. I don't obsess over food, and my weight has been in the 72-76kg range for the past four years or so (and I don't think I've ever been above 80kg or below about 67kg since I stopped getting taller.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-08-2014 at 11:20 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote