View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Until the last few days i used calibre primarily as a converter tool. But now i loaded about 500 books and still going.

I'm using 7.7 and not quite sure if the sort order of the title column is wrong or if this could be customized. Sorting titles from A-Z looks like

"A book"
"B book"
"The C book"
"D book"

although i believe it should be

"A book"
"B book"
"D book"
"The C book"

as "The" is part of the title and therefore should be part of the sorting order. So far i've never seen sorting order ignoring articles. It just kills me as everytime i have to look at all titles manually just to be sure nothing's been overseen. Sorting title column doesn't seem to help. Not very convenient for me.

Any hints or comments ?

Thx.
Standard sorting order for titles has been to ignore "The" and "A", except for titles such as A for Anything.That's the way everybody does it, even before computers.

Last edited by JMikeD; 07-05-2010 at 03:24 PM.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote