View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 04:30 PM   #7
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Like many here, I don't pay attention to race when picking books, so have no idea on author skin color unless the author is rather famous. I did go through my read list of the year a few years ago after getting into a debate about this on BookRiot, who focuses a lot on race and diversity when creating their reading challenges of the year, and had to look up the authors had pictures available on Goodreads. As a coincidence, it did turn out that over 98% of my reading that year was white authors. It wasn't from my choice of only picking up white authors, but their point that more white authors are published and promoted in general. I try to seek out books from other races and pay more attention now.

I read Toni Morrison for the first time a few years back with Sula - she wrote beautifully! I intend to read more of her works

The Mothers by Brit Bennett was very well done and I plan on getting her new book released this month.

Both of these books were general fiction/drama genre

Most of my reading is Urban Fantasy, mystery, some romance and some horror. I read other genres as well but they don't make up the larger bulk of my reading percentage. I really have no idea of author race unless I research the author for most of the books I do read, and I don't think about it or have the time to do this on a regular basis.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote