Gorcsev
Enthusiast
Gorcsev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Smile

Thank you all of your replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Do you really need to use kepubs? Have you tried this in the Adobe EPUB renderer?
As I have Kobo device where kepub is the developed/supported parser from KOBO I would like to use it.

Quote:
What do you mean by that? Also, I really recommend you just learn HTML (or even markdown) and CSS and make your books in it. It will be a lot more predictable and consistent.
Please, if my example is not clear enough, don't tell me learn. I like to learn, but as I said I make my books using sigil, and CSS. So at least some knowledge I have about this subject. That makes my problem: the resulted book in kepub is NOT PREDICTABLE at all. There is always a space for improvement I know :-)

Quote:
You can change the regexp in the KTE code. If you want, I could also build you a version of kepubify which handles the splitting differently. Note that KTE and kepubify are different things. One is a Calibre plugin and the other is a standalone converter.
I would like to use the KTE as it is, only I try to find a bypass. For example when the normally sentence end markers are followed by NOT a capital, I would put a replacement character, make the spans, and change back the original chars. I think in English text this could be useful as well. Like in thrilelrs, when .45 is a caliber of a gun, or, 11.30 am when it a time. There are surely more examples.

Thank you, your reply most probably I will make a comparison with sample text what is the difference between KTE-kepubify spanning.
Gorcsev is offline   Reply With Quote