View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 07:43 PM   #72
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
I was happy to have my first KOBO but sending my first epub to the device - using KTE - I was a bit (lot) disappointed.
Do you really need to use kepubs? Have you tried this in the Adobe EPUB renderer?

Quote:
"– Semmi újság? – kérdezte."

EnDash&nbspSemmi.....

I learned here that the body-tag "text-rendering : optimizedspeed/legibility…" and the kobo.spans placement are responsible for the layout a lot.

So, my problem with the above sentence:
We start dialogues with a dash, the following nbsp is NOT a fix length space so dialogues in a row (each is in new line) looks ugly.
What do you mean by that? Also, I really recommend you just learn HTML (or even markdown) and CSS and make your books in it. It will be a lot more predictable and consistent.

Quote:
I would like to have some help from experts.
In the "container „of KTE I know there is a line with regexp where finds the sentence ends for putting kobo.spans around.
Can I "jump" those "! ", "? ",". " situations where the following letter IS NOT a capital? I would like to have the kepub where kobo.spans are only at the sentence start and end, and not splitting a sentence with several kobo.spans
You can change the regexp in the KTE code. If you want, I could also build you a version of kepubify which handles the splitting differently. Note that KTE and kepubify are different things. One is a Calibre plugin and the other is a standalone converter.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote