View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #71
Gorcsev
Enthusiast
Gorcsev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi,
I am new in the forum, while lately having a KOBO Clara (earlier I had a Kindle Keyboard)

I try to make eBooks, my method is creating a clean html from word, then clean it in a way remove all spans, in sigil build this code with my CSS file to an epub, finally in calibre convert it to azw...

I was happy to have my first KOBO but sending my first epub to the device - using KTE - I was a bit (lot) disappointed.

I didn’t read it earlier but kepub parser is not handling the "page-break", so I must split all the books before breaks....

I thought, can be handle...

But next: not handling the “aligns” as well. Reading in forum a lot realized two way, either hack or touch again all the books what I want to send my device and place the "*" and the important! into all my CSS’s lines which are including "align".

As I am living in Hungary, readying Hungarian language books. Here in our typography we have different layout like for ex. in English part of the word.

And here comes the biggest issue.
Sending the above mentioned "re-created" test book to device it looks UGLY. (and it comes how the dialogues are handled in our typography.
Here is a sample:

"– Semmi újság? – kérdezte."

EnDash&nbspSemmi.....

I learned here that the body-tag "text-rendering : optimizedspeed/legibility…" and the kobo.spans placement are responsible for the layout a lot.

So, my problem with the above sentence:
We start dialogues with a dash, the following nbsp is NOT a fix length space so dialogues in a row (each is in new line) looks ugly.

I have read here that there is an issue with dash handling as well...
Plus, in the above example the "?" is NOT the end of the sentence so making the span around just resulting worse layout.

I would like to have some help from experts.
In the "container „of KTE I know there is a line with regexp where finds the sentence ends for putting kobo.spans around.
Can I "jump" those "! ", "? ",". " situations where the following letter IS NOT a capital? I would like to have the kepub where kobo.spans are only at the sentence start and end, and not splitting a sentence with several kobo.spans

Last edited by Gorcsev; 03-24-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Gorcsev is offline   Reply With Quote