View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #26
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimodis78 View Post
I'm a little confused about the real, currently applicable differences between the original Aura ONE and the Aura ONE SE.

The storage size is clear. However; in the many marketing material I'm reading, it's noted that the SE has "9 white LED lights and 8 RGB LEDS." Does the original Aura ONE have a different LED light count?

The SE exclusive enhanced page-turn feature has been ported over to the Aura ONE with the 4.8.10956 firmware update, so that's a non-issue anymore.

The page flipping has also been optimized via firmware for many Kobo devices back in December 2018, if I'm not mistaken.

So, again, what are the relevant benefits besides storage between the SE and original ONE versions? Thank you.
The only hardware difference between the Aura One and the Aura One LE is the size of the eMMC memory. The Aura One has an 8GB unit, the Aura One LE has a 32GB unit. Otherwise, the hardware is identical. BTW, there is no such animal as an Aura One SE, the unit with 32GB was sold in the USA as the Aura One LE and in Japan as the Aura One Manga (or Comic). The Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura H2O did have updated versions with Edition 2 added to the name.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-04-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Fat fingered typos... what else is old?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote