View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 06:05 PM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you mean as a result of my KTE koboSpan hacking, then the answer is 'no'.

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that a problem doesn't exist, it just means I've never registered it or it hasn't bothered me enough to get irritated by it. This is the problem when a hack only has an audience of one
A long time ago, I produced some kepubs that uses a span per paragraph. And I think some early versions of the extended driver did as well. I don't remember there being issues with the reading position. It's coarse enough that it should handle just about anything. But, I think there was an issue with bookmarks.

Putting the trailing spaces outside the spans shouldn't be a problem with the reading position. Except maybe if the end of a sentence was the end of a page. The stored position is the first character on a page. If that was to be the spaces after a sentence, I don't know what would happen. There is a problem with highlighting. If you highlight so that it starts or ends on the spaces outside the span, and save that, when you reopen the book the highlight isn't displayed properly. An early version of the extended driver did this. I remember discussing it in the driver's thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote