View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #62
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I've tried that and still don't see it, using Georgia, Noto Serif or Bookerly. Did I maybe do something wrong?
How/where did you apply it? I used the kobopatch option in the 'KePub stylesheet additions' patch in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml.

It'll take me a little while but later I'll come back and add some screenshots showing ligatures using those 3 fonts in a test kepub.

ETA: As I mentioned earlier it's only going to look as good as the font you're using allows ...

As @ps67 says, it looks like the Kobo built-in Georgia hasn't actually got any ligatures. Either the glyphs are missing or there is no ligature lookup table defined.

My copy of Noto Serif only has 4 ligatures: fi, fl, ffi, ffl, but they are displayed below.

My copy of Bookerly has 6: fi, fl, ffi, ffl, ff, ft

The sideloaded font I use most often is MinionPro which has 27 ligatures defined, but only 8 of them are much use to me: fi, fl, ffi, ffl, ff, ft, fj, Th
Perhaps the rest are more relevant to other languages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookerly.png
Views:	319
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	169810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgia_builtin.png
Views:	300
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	169811   Click image for larger version

Name:	NotoSerif.png
Views:	286
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	169812   Click image for larger version

Name:	MinionPro.png
Views:	302
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	169813  

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-19-2019 at 04:14 PM. Reason: ETA & added screenshots
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote