View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:01 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecallie View Post
Well, actually not. I thought this would mean I could only read the books from Amazon. I am also a bit squeemish about ads: they are not going to put those in? Might be just me, Amazon is just not my kind of company. I do like the real buttons and the layout of it! Will read in to it

And converting formats with Calibre is fine, I have no problems with that.
No problem to sideload your own content, and no ads unless you choose to get $20 off the price by buying an "ad-supported" version of the device. If you do choose to get the discount, there are ads on the screensaver and at the bottom of the library screen, but not when you're actually reading a book. If you buy the ad-supported version, you can turn it into an ad-free device at any time by paying the $20.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-08-2018 at 05:35 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote