View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #792
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornpipe2 View Post
So uh... let me make sure I understand this right. I can take pretty much any C app, compile it for Kindle / ARM, then put together a config file, pack it up, and deploy it as an "extension" - manageable by USB?

THAT'S AWESOME. I hated cluttering up my device with items installed all over the place, having them live in the user-storage area is a great improvement.

I'm not clear on the purpose of the Kindlet Jailbreak. Does this allow Kindlets to "reach" outside the /mnt/developer/us sandbox? If so, kif and mangle and Endless Sudoku and KNotepad and several other Kindlets could really benefit from this.
A rather general question.
So a rather general answer: Yes.

For compiled applications, you will probably want to make them a part of the */extensions/system part of the tree.

There is a git repo for that work -
https://bitbucket.org/twobob/kual-system
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote