View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 03:56 AM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It's probably not the Nook's issue, it's probably my ignorance on how to convert with Calibre. Or the CSS settings as mentioned by Renate.
It is the Nook issue. Kindles have the same issue. With Kindles I get around unsuitable font sizes by installing the font_ramp hack. With my Nook I just embed the suitable font size in the books.

But then I'm very picky about fonts and their sizes. Even on my Kobo I had to install a patch to have the exact size I wanted.

I would never nuke all the css settings, though. That would destroy formatting. Chapter titles, section breaks, possibly italics and so on. The book would look like a simple text file after this and that would not be acceptable to me. I edit the css with the calibre editor.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote