View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Yes, I noticed the 53.0.112 upgrade.
It upgraded the Adobe RMSDK (the rendering engine) to 9.3.1.433
I'm not sure what, if anything, has improved.
My ignorance about RMSDK is absolute. But I know JSWolf talks about it a lot (and it seems to be important), so I should probably look it up sometime.

Quote:
Font size steps should be small enough that you get what you want and big enough that you can notice the difference.
I'm beginning to think it's my ignorance in how to convert via Calibre, as the font size steps that I don't like in the Glowlights seems to be almost identical in the Tolinos.

Quote:
Some publishers are very heavy handed with CSS.
I'm sure you've noticed that you open a book from one publisher and suddenly the font size is larger or smaller than what you normally see.
Even on DRM books (without decrypting) you have the "nuclear option".
Unzip the epub, delete all CSS, rezip.
I have a Windows utility called "unduke.exe" which does this in one step.
You can guess which publisher I hate the most.
I'll have to look into this. Right now it's all Greek to me.

Quote:
I don't annotate or care how long to chapter end anyway.
I don't either. If I had my choice I would like the option to go back to the simple xxx/xxx format in the middle of the footer that we had a couple updates ago.

Thanks for all the information. I'll have to try to educate myself about some of this.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote