View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutnacker View Post
As a sidenote, I don't really understand the fear of Amazon taking their books back. The incident in question essentially involved Amazon selling something that was illegal. They certainly should vet what they sell more thoroughly, but they were selling something that should not have been produced in the first place, and unlike a physical object, they were able to retrieve the file back. As long as money was refunded, I don't see this as Big Brother.

As for Amazon being rich enough, this isn't an issue for me. It's whether I am rich enough to afford the software for the product in question. If I can get a new book for $9.99 vs. $15 or more in another e-book store, then that product makes more sense for me.
Not only that but Amazon did give people refunds instantly as well. So I don't see the issue. After all, if you bought (not knowlingly of course) a stolen stereo, and later the cops showed up and it was found to be stolen, you'd get your money back and of course wouldn't expect to keep it right?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote