Thread: DIY - KeK
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #66
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Doing that might (probably will) lead to problems with the other components of the tool-chain.

If you browse the tool-chain tree, you will find "gcc" in two places ...
One, under an "ARCH qualified path / bin"
One, where the "ARCH qualifier" is part of the "gcc" file name.

You want the full, absolute, path to the "ARCH qualified path / bin" first in your path search order.
Listing the contents of that "ARCH qualified path / bin" will show just how many components are included in the tool-chain.

Ah, another bit of related trivia: the application "gcc" is not the compiler. It is the command line option processor "front end" to the tool-chain. It in turn munges the options and calls the various other components in that "ARCH qualified path / bin" to get the various parts of the compile done.
At which point the tool-chain behavior usually turns into crap when its intial access was via a (shortened) symbolic link.
Ar! I see what you mean

Rightyo then, I will do a tidyup before I try any statically charged builds and call from the fully qualified name for now then!
Thanks knc1
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote