Thread: Subscription
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Is there no subscription-free version for Apple?
I am using the old version 5.4.3.3 on my Android devices, which was created before the new takeover.
I believe that it reverts to ads. When I was testing the beta, I found the ads rather annoying. I have a WSJ subscription on my iPad, which shows ads in addition to charging a subscription price. I generally will download the latest content, then go into airplane mode to actually read the articles without all the ads. I suspect that I'm going to be doing the same with CC. Obviously, I can't do that when syncing up with Calibre, but a majority of my usage is finding the next book to read.

I have been reading more on my Kobo in the past several weeks, so I use CC to decide what to read next.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote