View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Bare-bones calendar for Kobo

I'm such a noob at programming that I don't even know how to compile an application without having to read a guide, but after discovering tshering's kbmessage, that is used in Kobo Start Menu to display basic HTML pages and messages, I managed to create a stupidly simple calendar app.

It doesn't have any functions, it just displays the monthly calendar and the current date, hour and timezone. But since I have seen people requesting a simple calendar, I decided to upload it here.

In order to install this, if you have pbchess installed, you have to unzip the attached zip file and copy the contents of the 'calendar' folder into your 'vlasovsoft' folder, wherever you have installed the app. Then, open the applications.ini file located there and add this line:

Quote:
Calendar = calendar.sh
I am sure that it would be possible to use this with Kobo Start Menu, but since I'm not familiarized with it, I don't know how (yet).

Since there's a lot of unused vertical space, I'm thinking about adding something relevant down there. Maybe a weather forecast, some news headlines or even some ascii art.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the savagely minimalistic calendar
Attached Files
File Type: zip calendar.zip (17.4 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by ItalianUruguayan; 04-03-2018 at 11:38 AM.
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote