Thread: PRS-T1 Battery Test at Work
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Battery Test at Work

This post comes to you by way of a coworker who didn't show up for work so I had to cover part of their shift, after doing a double myself.

I was doing a 15hr shift, so I brought my T1 to work. I had to leave the reader while I did my rounds. So I was reading for 65minutes out of every 90.

I started at midnight with a full battery and about 650 pages to go on Sanderson's Towers of Midnight. I finished that, along with 100 pages of a Terminator 2 novel, 100 pages of Jane Austen's Minor Works, and about 100 pages of some other novel, with some downtime for updating at Goodreads and browsing here at MR [not on the T1, but on a computer].

So by 8:30pm I had read just under 1000pages, and with my font settings, I get about 3 T1 page turns to a page, so about 3000 page turns [with some extra thrown in because of the stupid double page turns that the Sony seems to throw every little while].

I still had 1 bar left on the battery indicator after 20.5 hours of almost continual use with 3000'ish page turns.

Not bad at all

Last edited by Ravensknight; 01-02-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: used html code instead of BB code
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote