View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:31 AM   #1
cd2013
Connoisseur
cd2013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Question Ereader to sync (read position, highlights etc) sideloaded books with Android app ?

I’m hoping this is the right section of the forum to post in.

I manage my library of DRM-free books with Calibre.

Is there a combination of eink ereader and Android app that allows me to sync read position and highlights/notes/annotations among the ereader, and Android app for phone or tablet, and Calibre on my PC?
This would be for sideloaded books, not for books bought from a store like Kobo's or Amazon's.

I’m open to any kind of ereader (including those running customised Android) and any ebook format ( Calibre should be able to convert into any format), and am of course open to storing my library on something like Dropbox.

For read position, of course there is the very low-tech solution of trying to remember, or jotting down, the last sentence read, and then manually searching for that.

For highlights/notes/annotations, I’m not so sure.

Thoughts?

Ideally it would be some kind of connection from the ereader or the Android app to a cloud, without necessarily running Calibre on the PC, but I’d like to understand what the art of the possible is. Bookfusion probably offers something similar, but I’d rather avoid a proprietary system that may change or shut down at any moment.
cd2013 is offline   Reply With Quote