View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #59
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
From my perspective, I don't use nickel at all. Everything works better in koreader.

About new file manager, it will happen. And, even if first version wouldn't support all features you maybe want, you can ask for what you want.

Biggest problem with what you propose is that it slows down importing new books (one of reasons I don't use nickel is long time I have to wait after sideloading books) and wears SD cards.

External SD cards aren't problem, you can always buy new one, but for many people if internal SD card gets broken, it usually means you need to buy new ebook reader.

I don't know if newer kobos will go with real ROM, but too much using internal SD card is a big problem in my opinion.
The use of an internal micro SD card is a great feature and allows for an important recovery process. It does require opening the case, which can be a problem for some. If done carefully, opening the case and replacing the card, is not that hard.

I would say that soldering a memory chip to the PCB is not as good as using a standard memory card that you can replace or upgrade.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote