View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technophobe View Post
We are traveling with a linux based computer (I'm really rethinking that choice at the moment), and have two new sony ebook 505s that we were planning on using for reading material. I understand that I can't download from the sony store on a linux machine, but I also just found out that I can't check e-books out from my public library to read on the 505 unless I am running the sony software.
Once the device is authorized (you need to do it only once with Digital Editions), you should be able to just copy the books to the USB mass storage drive. I'm not sure how your library handles the check out process, but as long as you get simple PDF or EPUB files, you should be good to go.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote