View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
<edit>
There has been quite a bit of progress in the area of using your ebookwise 1150 with linux since this thread was started. If you found this one through a search engine the most up to date discussions are in this thread the wiki entry on this topic is here.

Look through the wiki entry for the information and any discussions or questions can posted in the mentioned thread.
</edit>

Thought I would just add this to the thread for anyone who might be wondering. I finally got around to testing the usb driver for linux mentioned above. It does work I was able to download the dictionary from my online bookshelf and one of the other books. Just need to figure out the personal content server part now so I can get books directly from my computer.

I did have to fix a small problem with the code before it would build. It seems that an include was left out in one of the header files. Right after the tarball is extracted just add one line as shown below in the file proxy1150.h

Orginal
Code:
#ifndef PROXY1150_H
#define PROXY1150_H

#include "dev1150.h"

class Proxy1150 {
 public:
Fixed
Code:
#ifndef PROXY1150_H
#define PROXY1150_H

#include <vector>    <--- add this line
#include "dev1150.h"

class Proxy1150 {
 public:
eb 1150 usb daemon
I attached the code with the one line added. The only thing I had to add to a standard install of ubuntu 8.04 was the library libusb and the dev package. Then just unzip the file and run configure, make, and make install. Then follow the directions in the README to get it running.

linreb
Also attached is a copy of linreb code that I changed some of the defines in to get it to work with my ebookwise 1150. Apparently the REB1200 sends requests to
http://bookshelf.softbook.net
and the ebookwise sends them to
http://bookshelf.ebooksystem.net
After I changed that I was able to run the eb1150 daemon and linreb to get access to a bookshelf on my pc. I'll post the steps to get it all working in a new topic once once I get the process a little more ironed out its a little ugly right now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eb1150-0.1.zip (100.7 KB, 591 views)
File Type: zip linreb-0.1.1.zip (251.2 KB, 555 views)

Last edited by derrell; 10-01-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: attached code archives
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote