View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #51
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that using the Universal Flasher on a UK 505 is not a good idea. We don't know what problems it may cause in the long run. May seem to work. But do we know what issues it will cause? We don't. So flashing isn't good until there is a flasher available specifically for the UK firware. But the problem is that there is no firware file for the UK 505 if anything happens. So I would just leave UK 505s alone.
Hm... but I guess they could overwrite the UK firmware with the US firmware using the updater (and the "version changing" updater hack) and then flash the Reader with igorsk's flasher. That should work.

But yeah, it would remove whatever changes Sony added to the UK version. To tell you the truth, I don't think it was any new functionality, but possibly something related to the Connect store, like disallowing UK Readers from loading books from it (for tax and/or contract reasons with Waterstones).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote