View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 09:42 PM   #30
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Not saving your work before you lunch is akin to leaving your homework to the mercy of your dog.

BR
It's obviously a good standard practice, but it really depends on one's workflow.

I work on my projects 24 hours a day. I spend much of my time in WiFi cafes. When it's time to go to work, I get my laptop out again as soon as I get on the bus. I do the same thing when I'm in the break room at work. And on the bus home. And before I go to bed. And if I wake up in the middle of the night.

If I'm working on a project that requires going back and forth between Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Sigil, and maybe back and forth between various Photoshop files or epubs, I don't always have time to save every single file in every single program before I go to sleep - or when I suddenly discover that we've arrived at the last bus stop and I have about ten seconds to get off the bus.

And if I'm working with a really big Photoshop file that takes a while to save, then the situation is even more challenging.

In general, my Mac has been very reliable. If something really bad happens and I have to force close a program or, even worse, if my laptop crashes, the files are generally still there when I reopen it. Photoshop and Numbers are really good about that, and I can save all my Dreamweaver files instantaneously.

Of course, if you just write novels or pulp fiction and don't have to work with images or spreadsheets or do a lot of research, then you have the luxury of saving your Sigil file every ten seconds.
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote