View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #22
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Did you actually change your temp folder location via Edit > Preferences > General Settings > Set folder where temporary files should be created before you "lost" container.xml for the second time?
Actually, it's at SIGIL > Preferences > General Settings. I just check it and found the following value:

/var/folders/2c/yq8lzqzx2qxc3ktwxk2jcgfh0000gn/T

I have to go back and reread what KevinH wrote. Is it OK as is, or do I need to actually change it? If so, I should probably make it a more sane path, like Documents/Epubs/temp, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You also mentioned that you use eCanCrusher to manipulate your epub. What exactly do you use eCanCrusher for?
eCan Crusher gives me access to the contents. So if I lose my images and have an older copy of my ePub, I can open it with eCan Crusher, then import the images into the damaged ePub. Except I now use backup image folders. When I create a new image for an ePub, I save it into my backup folder, then import a copy of it into my ePub.

Let me see if I can recreate the path to my ePub and type it into Terminal...
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote