View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I'm in over my head on this topic, so my ignorance is probably showing.

I'm still on High Sierra, and I think gatekeeper is still catching .txz on my Mac, unless I'm misunderstanding what gatekeeper is.
  • downloaded Sigil 0.9.18 .txz using Safari
  • unpacked txz using the Terminal command
  • copied Sigil app into my Applications folder
  • launched Sigil
  • got a pop-up asking, "Sigil is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?"

When I did the same with the test builds you sent me for 0.9.17, I got a similar message, with the addition that the test build was unsigned, so I needed to confirm that I wanted to open an unsigned app.

This is all with High Sierra. Isn't this gatekeeper in action? or am I using the wrong terminology?

I tried the above again except downloading the .txz with Chrome instead of Safari. Got the same result.

Also, all of the above has always happened with Sigil .dmg (which I know is expected behavior)
Try downloading with Firefox. I'd like to know if it works better in this case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote