Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #172
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Is that correct?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor
The reason I used "I'm Reading" is that is what I see on the the web. While writing my post, I went to the site and the library section. The three options I see are "I'M READING", "PURCHASED" and "TRASH". I changed the case to suit my sensibilities. I can't see any of these on either my Glo or Touch. I think one of the older devices had a "I'm Reading" section. And the desktop application only has a "library" tab.
Either I'm misremembering, then, or they've changed the chrome. Note that the way to add a book from Purchased to Reading is still referred to as "bookmarking," though.

Quote:
Other than seeing different titles for the "Bookmarked"/"I'm Reading" section, that appears to be how it works.
That's how it's documented. Check the website's help section for the question on getting back a deleted book.

Quote:
None of the books that are shown as "FREE eBOOK" when browsing the site are shown in my purchased list.
If you add them to your library, they should. If you just download them directly, they won't.

Quote:
But, did these books appear on the home screen?
They did not.

Quote:
In that case, why are you syncing at all? If you don't want the kepubs on the device, don't sync to Kobo. Then they won't get downloaded. The only other thing it does is to check for firmware updates.
Checking for firmware updates is a significant process, and syncing also sends my delete instructions back up to the cloud. (I like to keep things tidy.)

Quote:
If you want the sync for other reasons, I think I would use the Kobo desktop application. It will download the books and you can delete them there. That will put them in the place you want them on the site and prevent a sync to the device from downloading the kepub. The only real difference is which you consider the easier way to do it, the desktop or the device.
Given the choice between (a) something I can do anywhere I have wifi with a single screen tap and (b) something I have to manually go through on my PC after digging out the cable, I'm gonna go with A every time. No contest.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote