Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #392
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
First of all, thank you and big karma to ixtab!! I nearly shed tears of joy when I first saw my Kindle displaying correct justification and hyphenation.

I have managed to get hyphenation working perfectly in English and Dutch books. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get it working in French yet.

Has anyone managed to get French hyphenation working?

My books are in mobi6 format (not KF8), and I have double-checked to be sure the language is identified correctly (French - Standard).

In the JBPatch log file, I do see the following lines:

I: Loading Hyphenations for language ID 1036 (fr)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Character: method valueOf(C)Ljava/lang/Character; not found

Sorry, my Java skills are non-existent... If anyone has a clue how to get this working, I would be very appreciative!
Argh... this is a bug in the patch, thanks for pointing it out. The problem is that the (hyphenation) source is backported from Java 5, and the Character.valueOf() method doesn't exist in Java 1.4.2 (but Eclipse wouldn't tell me so because I had it configured wrong ).

Anyway, this should be fixed with version 2012-08-02. Please re-download the patch and let me know if it fixes the problem.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote