View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #15
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Form factor looks pretty bad. 6 hour battery is a bit short (8-10 is my range).

And it has the problem most of the upcoming tablets have--16:9 screen. I'd mainly use a tablet in landscape mode (PDFs, books etc.), so I'd prefer a 4:3 or similar ratio. Also has the advantage of apps working well in either orientation like on the iPad--which is hard to do with a very wide ratio as it's just too narrow in portrait.

In any case, like I said I'm in no rush. I can wait 2 or 3 years. Or I could go the rest of my life with no tablet. If one fits my VERY specific needs/wants I'll buy one. If not I won't.

Basically my ideal tablet is a 11" or so 4:3 screen, UI as slick as the iPad's (not just windows 7)--but with a real file management system and straight drag and drop, multi-tasking, flash support etc. 10+ hour battery life.

My guess is an Android based tablet will have the best chance of doing that, but maybe Windows 7 Mobile will surprise me. I definitely don't want plain Windows 7 with touch navigation.

So for now I'll just keep tabs on what comes out, and when something catches my eye I'll wait for the 2nd gen version and take the plunge. I'm just not the early adopter type. Don't like paying higher prices for early tech that doesn't have the kinks worked out or specs optimized etc.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 04-22-2010 at 06:58 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote